Head of Legal Services
Legal & Compliance
£50000 - £70000 per annum
19-11-2021 03:15 PM
London, The City
Client: An amazing opportunity has opened up with one of our clients who are located near Westminster.
You will not want to miss out on this role, they are an interacitve, energetic and supportive team looking for a new Head of Legal Services to come on board and not only head up the department but also help the company promote it's values. This role not only offers a great working environment but an opportunity to work for one of the leading organisations within their field.
What will you be doing?
Take responsibility for the Practice Standards Team, including the PSS Assessors, and the Practice Standards Group (PSG). Along with assisting the Registrar and Director of Legal Services to ensure that the Company meets its legal obligations to its members, registrants and to the public, and fulfils its statutory and regulatory obligations.
- To be responsible for the PSG and delivery of the Practice Standards Scheme (PSS) Accreditations and Awards including the assessment / inspection of member practices at all levels / categories.
- To be responsible for medicines inspections as derogated to the Company by the Directorate in accordance with the Regulations.
- To be responsible for the PSS team including the drafting of PSS modules, as well as topical issues that arise.
- To be responsible for the information issued to the professions and members of the public in relation to PSS, as well as Departmental KPI’s.
- To assist the Registrar in the provision of legal advice to Council and to other departments, committees and working parties of the organistation, as required.
- To carry out such other duties, projects or initiatives as directed by the Registrar.
- Line manage identified members of the team to deliver the desired outcomes through a coaching leadership.
- To oversee their direct report and the team on the drafting of papers and responses.
- Solicitor or Barrister registered with their respective professional body.
- Experience of leading a team.
- Excellent drafting and writing skills as well as Excellent IT Skills.
- The ability to achieve organisational objectives by performance management that encourages diversity.
- The ability to motivate and develop staff and to get the best out of people.
- The ability and presence to represent the organisation with a range of audiences
- A co-operative, consultative and collegiate personal style.
Our mission: To be the leading Executive Secretarial & Support recruitment consultancy in London, for employers and job seekers alike. To receive regular updates of our current vacancies why not set up job alerts.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES Morgan Spencer Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, having responsibility for dependents, age, religion/beliefs, or any other reason which cannot be shown to be justified.
CONFIDENTIALITY: All applications are dealt with in strictest confidence and will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
Morgan Spencer Limited, registered in England & Wales No: 4254114