Automotive Technical Project Manager
Office & Administration
£48000 to £52000 per annum Benefits: Excellent Benefits, Bonus and Flexi Time
09-01-2019 03:27 PM
London, West End
Automotive Technical Project Manager
My client, a leading automotive company based in the heart of the west end, are looking for an experienced project manager who has worked on technical projects within the automotive sector, a degree in engineering is required. You will lead as the technical specialist on regulations, standards, government policy and strategy in all relevant technical areas for the UK automotive industry. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive company who offer career development and longevity.
- As technical specialist you will provide influential expertise on core dossiers and lead related to automotive regulatory work at UK, EU and UN level, supporting departmental objectives and services..
- To liaise and consult with companies, government and key stakeholder on all relevant subjects and documents, to solicit input to create an evidence base and draft influential proposals, positions, responses, papers and presentations as required.
- To represent UK views at meetings of relevant industry, governmental and standardisation organisations in the UK, EU and globally and influence the work of relevant organisations` working groups as appropriate.
- To provide regular technical information/circulars, briefing and support.
- To deal with technical and legislative enquiries from industry, the public, and outside organisations in a professional manner
- Professional engineer with a degree in Automotive Engineering and Chartered Engineer status (or willingness/working towards to). Other relevant engineering degrees (e.g. aerospace, marine, mechanical) will be considered subject to proven experience in ADAS, vehicle braking and Type Approval and/or relevant technical regulations.
- Proven professional experience in automotive industry or relevant government departments, agencies or sister industries. This should include regulatory experience, practical engineering, project management and supervisory positions.
- Good knowledge of the global regulatory framework for motor vehicles, experience in technical legislation and processes and awareness of current automotive issues. Able to interpret, provide guidance on requirements and shape regulatory content, policy and strategy. High awareness of the commercial and engineering context in automotive desirable.
- Highly motivated team player with the drive and ability to lead across diverse teams, projects and issues, continuously challenging and developing self and able to motivate and inspire others. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to form trusting working relationships with members, government, stakeholders and colleagues.
Our mission: To be the leading Executive Secretarial & Support recruitment consultancy in London, for employers and jobseekers alike. To receive regular updates of our current vacancies why not set up job alerts.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES Morgan Spencer Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, having responsibility for dependents, age, religion/beliefs, or any other reason which cannot be shown to be justified.
CONFIDENTIALITY: All applications are dealt with in strictest confidence and will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
Morgan Spencer Limited, registered in England & Wales No: 4254114