Researcher/Paralegal - FTC
Legal & Compliance
£25000 to £35000 per annum
31-12-2018 10:21 AM
London, The City
Researcher/Paralegal - Six months FTC with view to be extended/go permanent.
My client, an established Legal Chambers based in Central London, are looking for a Researcher/Paralegal to join the team on a fixed term contract basis. The successful candidate will be a law graduate who has gained research experience through their legal work experience or through additional education (masters/PHD). Knowledge of commonwealth law is a definite bonus in this role but not essential. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain legal experience for a well-established company. There is an opportunity for this contract to be extended/go permanent for the right candidate.
- Researching cases and any pertinent legal information in the relevant jurisdictions in the applicable time period.
- Collating judgments and available case commentary
- Drafting head notes or commentary on the cases
- Proof reading, citation checking and mistake spotting in the current edition and in any copy being produced.
- Document preparation and typing support as required
- Copying and distribution of source materials and management of any editorial group online filing system
- Must have a law degree or the equivalent
- Knowledge of legal terminology
- Excellent attention to detail and proof-reading skills
- A high standard of typing skills
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook and MS Office
Our mission: To be the leading Executive Secretarial & Support recruitment consultancy in London, for employers and jobseekers alike. To receive regular updates of our current vacancies why not set up job alerts.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES Morgan Spencer Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, having responsibility for dependents, age, religion/beliefs, or any other reason which cannot be shown to be justified.
CONFIDENTIALITY: All applications are dealt with in strictest confidence and will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
Morgan Spencer Limited, registered in England & Wales No: 4254114