Office & Administration
£10 to £13 per hour
07-12-2018 10:42 AM
---MUST HOLD A VALID ENHANCED DBS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE---
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE AS WE CANNOT ACCEPT 1+ WEEKS NOTICE PERIODS FOR THIS POSITION!
Job Title - Receptionist
Location - South East London
Hours - 8am-4:30pm (with flexibility)
Specific skills and experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Mail Merge and Database
- Knowledge of school`s database (SIMs).
- A proactive, efficient and friendly disposition, with the ability to communicate with staff, parents, schools and other external agencies
- The ability to work on your own initiative, prioritising a high and varied workload in order to meet deadlines
- General knowledge of the ``Private Funds Manager``
- A high standard of personal presentation
Job Purpose -
The receptionist will be the first point of contact for school staff, end users and customers. They are responsible for receiving and responding to visitors both face to face and those making telephone or digital messaging contact. To ensure the secure, efficient and professional management of the sixth form site through a smooth running of the reception area. To assist with administrative tasks when requested, as well as porterage, setups, opening and closing and duties in line with SIA licensing requirements.
Key Accountabilities -
- To provide reception and switchboard support to the school, acting as a first point of contact for all school enquiries, ensuring that the Academy`s safeguarding and security checking process are adhered to.
- To ensure that queries are dealt with effectively, taking the initiative to identify and handle issues that arise on behalf of the Leadership team and others.
- To provide members of staff with information about visitors or telephone messages so that the Academy is promoted as responsive and considerate to the needs of its customers.
- To ensure that students & visitors comply with biometrics entry and late procedures of the Academy
- To ensure visitors to the sixth form building are greeted, checked and accounted for following child safeguarding policy requirements
- To manage the entry & exit of students and staff.
Office Support including:
- Ensure incoming goods are confirmed and correctly distributed within the site, to relevant departments and assist safe delivery
- Assisting the Sixth form admin team with sixth form admissions
- Providing a secretarial service to the Academy including mail merges, typing of documents, photocopying.
- Any other administrative tasks as required
- Responsible for setting up the building and organising staff to help for open evenings, parent evenings & progression events
- To undertake such other duties appropriate to the level and character of work as may reasonably be required within the Department /Service.
- Significant permanent changes in duties will require agreed revisions to be made to this Job Description.
- Attend training and meetings in line with services delivered and also to develop personal skill set and support contract achievement
- Confirm security of building and lockdown site boundary at end of day utilising systems in place and safe systems of work.
- Provide incident reporting, documenting and investigative services when required with regard to security and emergency situations, this is inclusive of daily handover and regular update to service helpdesk and local management.
- To work within a framework of best practise governed by the relevant occupational standards to support excellence in teaching and learning.
- To promote the safety and wellbeing of students, ensuring that the school`s Child Protection and Safeguarding policies and procedures are promoted within the school
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of students and your colleagues, in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and relevant EC directives.
- To adhere to the MAT Equality policy in all activities, and actively promote equality of opportunity
---MUST HOLD A VALID ENHANCED DBS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS---
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES Morgan Spencer Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, having responsibility for dependents, age, religion/beliefs, or any other reason which cannot be shown to be justified.
CONFIDENTIALITY: All applications are dealt with in strictest confidence and will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998