Finance & Accounting
£45000 to £75000 per annum Benefits: Fab Bens and Bonus
14-09-2018 10:48 AM
London, The City
My client, an established Engineering company based in prestigious offices in the heart of the City, are looking for a Financial Controller who has gained a minimum of three years` relevant industry (Engineering, Property, Construction, Infastrauctue etc.) experience, to lead on financial duties including reporting, forecasting and resource planning and manage the small finance team. This is a new role to the business as it has previously been outsourced and subsequently there is an opportunity to make the role your own and implement new processes. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly progressive company who offer excellent benefits.
- Produce management information on a pre-agreed timetable including; forecasts, revenue
- Updates, statistical analysis, management accounts, cash flow reports and balance sheet
- Produce accurate and timely sets of accounts - by period and at year end - including
- balance sheets, forecasts, P&L and cash flows.
- Produce annual budgets/provisions incorporating the agreed principles from the Managing
- Director and management colleagues.
- Production of the annual audit pack and lead on the production/submission of the
- Statutory Accounts and Tax Returns.
- Manage and Monitor all purchasing to ensure cost effective solutions
- Coordinate and assist in detailed 12 month income forecasts and associated resource
- planning with Group Directors.
- Coordinate and assist in the production of monthly sales invoices with Group/Management Directors.
- Track and monitor reconciliation of project cost report on a monthly basis to agree the WIP
- Schedule and reconcile against Accounts system.
- Check and approve the payroll and expenses.
- Monitoring of aged debtors and assistance in managing debt recovery process for long
- term debt.
- Assist in processing the prepayment / accruals / depreciation journals.
- Submission of consolidated monthly reports at Group level.
- Lead on submission of all required statutory HMRC required reporting.
- Assist in the management of relationships with external professional advisers including the company`s auditors and third party service providers including payroll
- bureau and R&D tax credit advisor.
- To be an effective member of the Management Team providing assistance, and support to the Senior Management and the Board by ensuring a `business partnering` attitude is
- Attendance at Key Committee Meeting Groups to input and advise as appropriate.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Finance/Accountancy Degree or part ACCA/CIMA qualified or equivalents.
- Strong judgment and objectivity.
- Attention to detail & accuracy.
- Organised, structured and efficient
- Previous experience in a self-accounting position in a similar sized operation desirable.
- Proven knowledge of key processes for full accounting function
- Experience in forecasting and preparing budgets, payroll and PAYE.
- Previous use of Sage 50 Accounts advantageous.
- A key ability to negotiate and influence, in particular, with regard to
financial matters. - Risk assessment and management capability.
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically.
Our mission: To be the leading Executive Secretarial & Support recruitment consultancy in London, for employers and jobseekers alike. To receive regular updates of our current vacancies why not set up job alerts.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES Morgan Spencer Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, having responsibility for dependents, age, religion/beliefs, or any other reason which cannot be shown to be justified.
CONFIDENTIALITY: All applications are dealt with in strictest confidence and will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
Morgan Spencer Limited, registered in England & Wales No: 4254114