Junior Press Officer
Sales & Marketing
£30000 to £32000 per annum Benefits: Excellent Benefits and Flexi Time
13-06-2018 03:04 PM
London, West End
Junior Press Officer
My client, a renowned regulatory body based in the heart of the West End, are looking for a Junior Press Officer who has gained a minimum of one years Press Officer experience and a keen interest in the national news agenda and public affairs. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established organisation who offer career development and longevity.
- Support the team in the delivery of media activity and events, including compiling media lists, pitching stories, administrating media attendance for events, and formatting and distributing releases and images/videos.
- Keep the internal press events diary up to date; coordinate the department events and media calendar; update and curating press releases, briefings and statements, messaging and statistics documents.
- Administer the Public Affairs Committee, including the production, coordination and distribution of agendas, meeting papers and minutes; coordination of member attendance; and meeting organisation.
- Respond effectively and efficiently to media enquiries, liaising with senior members of the communications team to provide statements and facilitate spokespeople for comment as appropriate.
- Proactively build and maintain media relationships, identifying news angles and pitching stories continuously striving to increase media profile.
- Assist with digital media activities as required, including maintenance of website, particularly with regard to the news and events sections and galleries, ensuring the site is updated as necessary.
- An understanding of the national news agenda and public affairs.
- Education to degree level or beyond.
- Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- First-class written and verbal English skills.
- Strong interpersonal abilities and the ability to forge and maintain relationships.
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to team work.
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure to deliver to tight deadlines.
- A clear understanding of media requirements.
- Competent IT skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Knowledge of Wordpress or similar and other digital media tools desirable but training can be provided.
- Hours: 9am-5pm
- Annual Bonus
- 10% Pension contribution
- Private Dental Care
- Private Health care
- Private Eye care
Our mission: To be the leading Executive Secretarial & Support recruitment consultancy in London, for employers and jobseekers alike. To receive regular updates of our current vacancies why not set up job alerts.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES Morgan Spencer Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, having responsibility for dependents, age, religion/beliefs, or any other reason which cannot be shown to be justified.
CONFIDENTIALITY: All applications are dealt with in strictest confidence and will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
Morgan Spencer Limited, registered in England & Wales No: 4254114